Articles used as sources for this episode:
- Pilot who survived 1972 Arctic medavac crash dies at 88.
- “Camp of a cannibal”
- Prezi: The Martin Hartwell story: (His name is spelled either Marten or Martin in different sources.) In the comments in the statement from the navigator about Hartwell waving a “red fuse” as a greeting to rescuers.
- Surviving a plane crash in the N.W.T. wilderness meant turning cannibal for pilot Marten Hartwell
- Obituary of Marten Hartwell from the funeral home’s website.
- An article from 1987 regarding Hartwell’s second crash.
- The story no one told: This links gives more information on Neemee Nulliayok, one of the victims of the crash.
- Missing – The Angel of the Snow: About nurse Judy Hill.
- Pilot tells of long Arctic ordeal: The article features no mention of cannibalism.
- Eskimo boy “decided to die”: Again, there is no mention of cannibalism in this article.
The Stompin’ Tom Connor song about Marten Hartwell. The song makes no mention of the cannibalism.